Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The big girl bed.

Sophia was starting to really get stuck in her crib (like wedging herself between the slats) and it was starting to get very dangerous. So Carl and I made the decision, it's time for a big girl bed. It's nothing special. Just a twin sized mattress thrown on the floor in her room.

Just a bed... for my baby 

I can honestly say she was ready for the transition but I was not. No sooner had I laid her down did the tears start flowing. My baby is losing her baby-ness. There are no more bottles or jumperoos. She can walk and talk. Now suddenly we were saying good bye to the crib? It was hard on me. Her on the other hand, not so much.

She looks so tiny in that bed.

She did very well on her first night, tonight is night two.

No comments:

Post a Comment