Sunday, March 18, 2012

Dare I speak it's name?

Daylight savings seemed to flick a switch in mother nature.

I swear I went to bed that day and it was cold, the babies went outside only when we ran to the van. I woke up that morning and it was 75 outside, sun shining. It felt like... no I dare not speak it's name.

Even the dreary rainy days haven't dipped below 60, did I mention that in a week we have only had ONE dreary rainy day? Hello I live in the north... that's like saying it rained in the Sahara.  Even the rain held that smell, the promise of... again I refuse to say it.

So what is the mother of an extremely active toddler to do when confronted with amazing weather? Uh go outside, and now you will be rewarded with some sweet babies!

Hooray, Mommy! It's nice outside!

What is this magical green carpet? 

And of course the contemplation of escape

I'm in trouble when they're older.

Sam enjoying the breeze
(note the naked legs, it was seriously that warm)

But how do I eat the grass from over here?


So while I'm of the belief if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck it must be a duck my mother pointed out she had packed away all her sweater: in about a week we'll be seeing 3ft  of snow. 

In the meantime I felt the blog needed some sprucing up! Maybe if I wish away the snow none will come?

No comments:

Post a Comment